Help with Ruby on Rails

I have a site built on RoR.

I'm seeing if someone with a lot more experience then me can tell me how difficult it would be to turn it into a WordPress site.

I'm going to guess that there's no real "easy" way to do it and I would probably need to rebuild the website with Wordpress.

I'm currently working on my bachelors in computer science but I don't have a lot of experience with RoR and WordPress. And this is a personal project.

Thanks for the time and any wisdom sent my way.

Why do you want to do this? Depending on your site, it might not be possible to translate all of it to Wordpress. Wordpress is a CMS and RoR is a framework.

You might be able to reuse the CSS but that’s about it.

Personally, I’d stick with RoR over PHP in general unless there’s some feature of PHP you need.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and answer.

Working on the site for a friend who already had it build with RoR but now wants it with WordPress. Theres no real reason to use PHP. I think he wanted to use WordPress because thats more friendly to someone without any experience.

My apologies if that sounded like a stupid question.

Cheers.

1 Like

No that makes more sense. Yeah, you’ll have to manually translate the site to Wordpress as best you can. Do you know any PHP?

1 Like

Yeah, I've coded a few websites with PHP. I have alot more experience with PHP then Ruby.

Thanks for the help

1 Like