Return to Level1Techs.com

Help with Ruby on Rails

web_design
help
wordpress

I have a site built on RoR.

I'm seeing if someone with a lot more experience then me can tell me how difficult it would be to turn it into a WordPress site.

I'm going to guess that there's no real "easy" way to do it and I would probably need to rebuild the website with Wordpress.

I'm currently working on my bachelors in computer science but I don't have a lot of experience with RoR and WordPress. And this is a personal project.

Thanks for the time and any wisdom sent my way.

0 Likes

Why do you want to do this? Depending on your site, it might not be possible to translate all of it to Wordpress. Wordpress is a CMS and RoR is a framework.

You might be able to reuse the CSS but that’s about it.

Personally, I’d stick with RoR over PHP in general unless there’s some feature of PHP you need.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and answer.

Working on the site for a friend who already had it build with RoR but now wants it with WordPress. Theres no real reason to use PHP. I think he wanted to use WordPress because thats more friendly to someone without any experience.

My apologies if that sounded like a stupid question.

Cheers.

1 Like

No that makes more sense. Yeah, you’ll have to manually translate the site to Wordpress as best you can. Do you know any PHP?

1 Like

Yeah, I've coded a few websites with PHP. I have alot more experience with PHP then Ruby.

Thanks for the help

1 Like