Help with PCIe gen 3

I have an X99-A/USB 3.1 motherboard i7 5930k, 32GB ram Quad ch with GTX 1660 super and Tesla P100.
This is what the problem is I’ve googled the web high and low for answers as to
why the cards are stuck in x16 2.0 mode?

As the motherboard is supposed to be Gen 3 support as well as both video cards. I’ve looked threw the bios and can find nothing to force Gen3 only auto or 8x can be picked in the one section I can find related changes.

I even tried to force PCIE Gen 3 in Windows 10 via regedit and by software force-enable-gen3.exe with no luck.

Any insite or help would be very much appreciated.

GPU-Z:

Screenshot_16

latest bios?
looks like you’re right no forcing gen 3 but auto should do it

Yes, the latest bios last I checked only had the board maybe 6 weeks.
Same as I thought auto should do it but GPU-Z says otherwise.
If true, it’s probably why I’m seeing a lower performance in 3DMarks and DX12 applications.
Edit: I even swapped PCIe slots and tried others just to see even though the manual said differently. Only thing I haven’t tried is the use of only one card.

I think I may have found the fix, will know in about 10m when some work completes.
Hopefully, this is the fix, and my bad for not looking deep enough into the PDF manual.
I didn’t buy this new but having the paper manual I would have seen this much sooner I think.
Will post back if it’s the fix. Look for edits soon I hope. Edit: Bam Oops there it is!

Screenshot_45

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.