Help with iommu in proxmox

Anyone able to assist me with my proxmox vgpu setup? Following a few tutorials and getting much different results. I’m expecting somewhat different results as it’s not the same hardware others are using. I’m running older Intel hardware, but should at least see somewhat similar output. This is where I’m stuck. It should pop up saying detected iommu (at least Jeff from craft computing’s setup says that). Am I reading this wrong or is it just not working? Vtd is enabled in bios, no other mention of iommu or vtd elsewhere that I can find. Asus x99 deluxe with i7 6950x with most recent bios update.

I just did this last night on a different platform (10850k on MSI Z490 mobo) by going through the proxmox pcie passthrough docs.

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/PCI(e)_Passthrough

Did you add the intel_iommu=on boot flag and load the required kernel modules? I assume you did, its just easier to check the basics first.

What is the output of the following command:

lspci -vnn

That should tell you if your groups are set up and modules loaded.

I formatted and started over. Iommu is now showing up properly.

Now I’m running into a weird issue when trying to reinstall the Nvidia kernal module after modification for vgpu. I’m now getting this error.

I am NOT a big Linux guy, so this is all new to me. I learn by doing. Which this has been a huge learning curve for me. But all that I’ve been driving into, I’ve found workarounds. This has come up with so many results via different distros of Linux.

By the way, I’m following the craft computing proxmox vgpu gaming tutorial, and am at the point about 18 mins in, in case anyone is wondering what all I’ve done. Only other things besides his tutorial that I’ve done is blanked out the pve-enterprise sources list.