Help with compatibility with EKWB cooling solution

Good day everyone. I purchased a EKWB water-cooling kit a few years ago (Linked below). It contained a EK-Supremacy EVO. So my predicament is that I bought a i9 12900k and I would like to reuse this if it is possible but I don’t know if it would be compatible. I saw a reddit thread (linked below) stating that all I need is the LGA 1700 bracket for the motherboard I purchased and it should work but there was not any for sure confirmation that it does.

I would like to know if it would just be better to purchase a water-block made for the i9 12900k?
Also if I were to purchase one would I be able to reuse the fittings from the supremacy EVO for the tubing? or I would need to buy new everything.

The whole cooling unit is in really good condition so I don’t want to repurchase an entire unit again. If it is also possible can anyone link some suggestions from EK for a water-block?

I’ve read and saw a few videos saying that you are not supposed to mix metal because it cause corrosion or leaks something like that so I just want to make sure that everything recommended won’t cause any problems in the long run. Thanks for all the help in advance!

Sorry, I don’t know how you keep getting stuck with me replying.

Pretty much any cooler that fits LGA115X is capable of being retrofitted to a LGA1700 with a mounting conversion kit… provided of course it can meet the higher thermal requirements of Alderlake.

So if your kit is still in good shape and you had good thermals before, I think I’d give the kit a try and see if it fits. Would be out a total of $0.01 + shipping if it didn’t :man_shrugging:

I am happy that I am getting replies and help lol so no worries. Anyway I did get really good temps but my concern is persons saying with the retrofit it isn’t making proper contact so I was just wondering it it’s worth it. I can just order a bigger radiator and waterblock because so far everyone including bullzoid recommended a custom loop for this because it gets really hot

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.