Help / wifi issues on laptop with android-x86_64-9.0-r2.iso

does anyone have experience with loading the android-x86_64-9.0-r2.iso on a amd apu (Acer Aspire 5 A515-46-R14K Slim Laptop | 15.6" Full HD IPS | AMD Ryzen 3 3350U ) laptop an been able to get the wifi to work , iv tried an the wifi on the laptop wont see or detect my wifi router , is ther a fix for this

Your WiFi adapter is just too new for the linux kernel that is baked in to android-x86_64-9.0-r2. That particular release is almost two years old and running LTS kernel 4.19.110.

Based on the available drivers on Acer’s support site, your laptop was shipped with either a MediaTek MT7961 or Intel AX200 adapter. And the minimum kernel versions needed for support are 5.1+ for Intel and 5.12+ for MediaTek… so unfortunately that means you’re SOL for any of the Android-x86.org releases.

If you can stomach the thought of using a Google product, there is a build of Chrome OS Flex in beta that might work with the Intel AX200 adapter. I have it installed on a test machine and can confirm it’s running kernel 5.10.

1 Like

is ther a non google android os that is , wpould it be any running a kernel over 5. at least an if so what one is an would be a desent compare to the android 86

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of choices out there for PC. I just found Bliss OS in a search, but honestly I hadn’t heard of it before now so I personally can’t vouch for it. They have a few different versions but Bliss OS 14.3 FOSS (x86_64) will probably have the best chance of working as it’s running kernel 5.10. Download link here.

Maybe someone else can chime if they have a better suggestion.

thanks