HELP! - SSD Freezes

I bought one year ago an SSD Kingston V200 2.5, 128GB, SATA 3 , and installed it on an ASUS laptop, model K50IN and since then I've got some big problemes that are starting to iritate me.

When I use my laptop on AC Power, everthing is ok, but after I unplug it and start using the battery it has a big chance of freezing. The LED indicator of the SSD is on and the Windows 7 x64 freezes... I can't do nothing...

I sent the SSD back to the shop where I've bought it, and got a replacement and the same problem still occurs... 

If I bootup on battery it will surely freez, if I'm already in windows and doing light work it may not freez... sometimes it does, sometimes it does not....

I've done the optimizations recomanded on the internet for setting an SSD on W7....

Does anyone have any idea why is this happening?

Thank you.

If it happens on battery only then it's abviously a power management issue. 

1. Turn Hard disk after x minutes option off under Power Options

2. Update SSD firmware (i had similar freeze issue which was solved by this simple update)

Waiting for your feedback.

So...

no. 1 was off

no. 2 -  my SSD firmware is up to date ( KINGSTON  SV200S3128G  with E120506a)

My chipset is an nVidia MCP79, when I installed windows and the driver for that chipset I noticed that the problem occured more often (even with the AC power)... I rolled back to windows's default driver and updated windows (all remained the same).

With this default driver I have the problems that I explained in my first post. Now I tryed again with that chipset driver and the same result, rolling back to default driver...

I found with google, some guy having similar problems "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller", which in my case give's a blue screen....

I read here, and tried to see if TRIM is enabled, checked the alignment and see if the partition starting offset is divisible by 4096... they both are ok.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

does the motherboard maker have tech support ?

I don't know about that...

Your battery sounds like it is cactus.

probably your're right, but with the clasic HDD, I had no problems....

now it's freezing even on AC, I've mounted the SSD on my mothers small desktop (intel atom with intel MOBO) and it still freezes... I'll send them back this ssd and tell them to give me my money back....

They will probably only RMA the unit and give you another one. I would say when you put it into another device and you have the same problem that pretty much narrows it down to the SSD. Kingston have usually good customer support. Let us know what happens.

See if you can get it exchanged for a hyperx ssd, even if it costs a little extra.