HELP NEEDED setuping my Fingerprint reader & POP-0S 22.04

i want to setup an use the Fingerprint reader on my

Lenovo Flex 5 Laptop, 14.0" FHD Touch Display, AMD Ryzen 5 5500U

POP-0S 22.04 how do i do that an is ther a way to set the login

for pop & the sudo command prompt

for user password to be done vi the Fingerprint reader so i dont have to type in ever time

just a bunch of likely unhelpful thoughts to get a ball rolling for ya :innocent:

thinkn u might have to do something similar to setting up faceunlock: Setup facial recognition for authentication (howdy). - System76 Support i did have a thorough look and couldn’t find anything popOS specific sorry but maybe the pop chat would help?

there is a python script u can use talked about here so just a general tool… i’d deff ask in the popchat unless someone else can suggest here for u…

Though if you just want a quick way to (not for login but authentication) not have to deal with a password every time (especially if you have mint lol) then this might be a easier option:

these are just suggestions, others will offer better ones and always check thoroughly before doing anything i suggest because i am very much a newbie still!

Good luck!

2 Likes

thanks for all that ill have to dive in

2 Likes

Not sure what model the reader is in the Flex 5 but I know the one in the Ideapad line doesn’t have kernel support, only some of the Thinkpad/Carbon are supported.

1 Like

iv been doing some reading elsewere an it seems too use it will be a big headache so im leaning towards the yubikey option