HELP NEEDED - Minisforum UM560XT upgrade info?

5 questions

1. can i upgrade the um560xt with a Timetec 64GB KIT(2x32GB) DDR4 3200MHz 1.2V kit

2. is ther room to add ram heatsinks ?

3. can i load with pop-os 22.04lts with xanmod kernel

4. will corectrl for linux once installed control this units cpu/apu’s clocks,volts,an gpu core & memory speed , an fan control

5. what’s the um560xt’s wifi model spec an type an can it be upgraded will either of these work an or be equal or better then the installed

pick 1 WiFi 6E Wireless Card Intel AX210 NGW Bluetooth 5.3 Tri-Band 5400Mbps M.2/NGFF

or

pick 2 AX210NGW WiFi Card, Wi-Fi 6E 11AX Wireless Module Expand to 6GHz MU-MIMO Tri-Band Bluetooth 5.3 M.2/NGFF

Probably. I put this Crucial 64GB kit in mine:

No, not really. Extra no if you’re also going to mount a 2.5" drive inside it.

Probably? I’ve had TrueNAS Scale and Debian 12 on mine so far.

#4 and #5, don’t know and/or haven’t tried, and haven’t looked at the wifi since I’m using it wired as a server box.

1 Like

do you think thers room an or need for a nvme heatsink like
this EZDIY-FAB M.2 SSD heatsink 2280, Double-Sided Heat Sink

or this icepc M.2 Heatsink PS5 2280 SSD Pure Copper Heatsink

There is a m.2 heatsink provided with the unit, or was one provided in the barebones unit I’d ordered. Should probably be room, need probably depends on the drive that you’re using.

i think the one i ordered the um560xt has one to an from some tear-down picks an seen its decently big an seems to cover more then just the nvme , that being said i dont know if thats its for style or function
or a bit of both

if its more for brand style an isn’t covering more then the nvme for actual cooling id want to go with my first pick the ezdiy-fab as its been my go to for all my previous an current builds at keeping my

SK hynix Gold P31 very cool an the few iv got running the SK hynix Platinum P41

im going to use a 2tb SK hynix Gold P31 an i think id to use the ezdit-fab heatsink as it would take less surface area in the case an might give slightly better airflow threw the frame

is the anywere or one that does custom 3d printed cases with better vents/airflow for the mini’s that will fit the um560xt’s guts