Help! My Amd Phenom II 1090T refuses to go over 3.6ghz OC (I am new at this)

1090T stands up to the 8350 pretty well, too. It's a minimal upgrade at best.

Keep an eye out for a used 990Fx board I picked up a used Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 for $50 AUD

Not to hate on gigabyte but their UEFI interface is pitiful compared to ASUS.. Go asus for the win or MSI :D.... and the 8350 will toast the 1090T in heavy threaded applications....

i have a 1100T and a 8350 and i will say this if you do get the 8350 you will not be blown away by performance gains. some are marginal others are a net loss. overall the 1090T is a remarkable chip along with its big brother the 1100T wait for Zen look at realworld test results then decide to upgrade or not. yes AMD cpus are getting old design wise but still pack a punch. those lucky enough to have a phenom II x6 T Black Edition should keep using them. and personally i am putting my 8350 away for the day that i need it. depending on the results of zen i might consider upgrading but untill the results are in hand. i am happy to use a piece of old tech that works amazingly well for its age.

on a side note if you overclock using the FSB you can get your ram to work at 1866. it is a little harder as you have to balance the multiplier and bus speed.but it can possibly increase you overclock on the cpu as well.

Gaming ≠ Heavy Threaded Application

Yes the 8350 has more threads and overclocking room but the 1090T still has better IPC, which is sad. The only reason to "upgrade" would be for VMs.

Or just for the hell of it.. No Save up money and go intel.. a 4790K should suffice haha.. with a quality ASUS motherboard lols

Yes, because a $650 bill is the solution to this problem. /s

We are way off topic.. and I already gave him a 0 dollar solution :P