Help me Identify this chinese clone?

Posted in the discord but maybe someone here can help
someone else bought it and gave it to me when they realized they got scammed.

Wish.com special “Note 21 Ultra” for $98. It finally arrived from China and I’m trying to find out what it actually is.

CPU says its a MT6889 Deca Core (actually MT6582 quad core)
Says it’s Android 11 ( actually 5.1 Lollipop )
Screen is 6.9in
Custom Build number: ALPS.L1.MP12.V1.2_HY6582.WEG.L1

dual sim + SDcard.
claims it has 768GB internal storage.
(google files app says 8GB internal storage so there’s some tom foolery going on)

I have root via Kingoroot but I’d like to find a compatible TWRP and ROM for it to get rid of any chinese spyware.
Also can’t unlock the bootloader via fastboot commands. I send the OEM unlock command and the screen comes up to press vol up to confirm or down to cancel.

Vol Up does nothing. Vol down cancels.

Also interesting adb and fastboot device names

Screenshot_2021-09-19_171007 Screenshot_2021-09-19_171845

3 Likes

Wow that’s some impressive copy work. I guess when parts are cheap and easy to slap something else inside it. Good thing you didn’t pay too much for it. It looks like a parts bin phone that was slapped together.

well it was given to me for free since the person who bought it reported it to wish and got a full refund.

Even better! No money lost! It’s pretty interesting though that it displays android 11 but in reality is only android 5.

faking the android version is easy. I’m more impressed at faking the storage. Even WINDOWS thinks its 768GB when attached. Some real fancy partition table or something is happening. Similar how chinese large capacity SD cards/flash drives are sold and its only a fraction.

1 Like

I like the part where they fake the CPU but still choose a crappy MediaTek one. Without even googling it, I’m fairly confident no Note model uses a cheap MediaTek CPU.

As for what it really is… It’s going to have the exact same guts as half a dozen Chinese phones that look the same, and probably uses the same ROMs as a dozen more that have the same specs but different screen size or case shape. Look on AliExpress and Banggood for something that looks the same and has the same CPU type and storage as what you’ve determined it to really be. Then see if you can find any information on modded ROMs for those. Russian forums often have the best info for cheap android devices.

1 Like

Hi I have the same fake phone. Slight deviation in the specs.

Did you find a rom for this?

Any info would be appreciated.

nah, I gave up and tossed it
i’m sorry for committing ewaste

It was ewaste when they sold it to your friend!!!