Help! DP Repeater + HDMI Splitter & Ultra Wide Monitor

Hi there,

So a while ago I bought the DP Repeater and Splitter as I knew down the track I would need it when I finally got around to creating a dual PC streaming setup. Fast forward to now, I’m in the process of setting it up but I have hit a bit of a snag.

The monitor that I want to plug into the unit is a 1440p Ultra Wide Monitor.
The ROG XG349C - 3440 x 1440

Now the product page states that it can handle up to 3840 x 2160

Yet, when I plug the display port cables in, the monitor isn’t receiving the signal.
Now I assumed that, since the monitors resolution is less than the max stated resolution, that it would still be able to pass through the signal and also output it over HDMI to allow me to capture it.
I even tried following the instructions to copy the EDID of the ultra wide monitor to see if that might help but to no success. (Im not sure if the copy actually worked as I read the instructions and it said that a blue light would signify a successful copy but I never saw a blue light)

Helpful notes.

My rig that is trying to connect to the ultra wide display has a 13700K and a 3060.
I did see the intro to KVMs post and turned off Gsync but still did not change anything.

In the Windows display settings, I can see that windows is seeing the ultra wide monitor, but the signal just wont get to the monitor itself.

The feeder is for sure compatible up to 4K.

What is the color of the P & M status lights on the EDID feeder? You should see green if not blue. You might try power cycling the feeder and unplugging/plugging the initial DisplayPort cable after power cycling. It sounds like the feeder failed the handshake between your PC and the monitor.

What cables are you using?

Hi Amber,

Thank you so much for the response and I do apologize for the huge delay in mine.

So I am using brand new display port 1.4 cables that I had bought. When they didn’t work I tried some 1.4 cables I already had and still no luck. I tried power cycling multiple times and even factory resetting to see if that would help but to no avail.

I followed the instructions for both Copying Monitor’s EDID and for Auto learning as well, both of with didn’t work. The process would be fine until the point where the unit is meant to flash blue indicators of a successful copy but it never did. Not even the hot plug would work.

By default, the status indicator is on a cycle where it flashes green 4 times very quickly, then stops for a second and repeats. I dont seem to be able to find anywhere in the manual where it explains different status light meanings.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, that it’s the LED under “P” that is flashing green 4 times in quick succession when in idle.

The LED under “M” stays off unless trying to perform a copy action.