Hi there, I have recently just built my first pc.
I bought a used gigabyte reference vega64 off ebay and the heatsink for it was completely damaged, causing overheating. After ripping on it a little, it looked like this.
So I then decided to take matters into my own hands and I attached my cpu liquid cooler to it.
I plugged the card in and it ran far better. ~50 degrees C at ~150W load of furmark for a few mins
Sadly, afterwards , I decided to leave the computer unattended and turned on at idle for over an hour and by the time I come back the card is just dead. No video output, No GPUTach LEDs, it won’t get past BIOS and I can’t feel the card warm up when i turn on the PC
Is there any way I can fix this issue and of not, will I be able to get gigabyte to RMA the card?