Help Clarifying USB Protocols and No Signal From KVM

KVM Model:

PAAG-E3122B

USB Interface (5-gigabit or 10-gigbit):

5-gigabit

Problem:

I am not getting any video signal nor mouse/keyboard input. The only indication of ‘life’ on the KVM are the LEDs showing green when I got the USB connected.

One of my questions is about the USB protocol listed in the documentation. The literature that comes with the KVM indicates to connect to the USB 3.2 Gen 1 port of my PC. I only have USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, but from what I have been reading these are synonymous with one another and was just a marketing name change. Am I correct in that?
Also, the USB cable should work if it is a 3.0 B version correct?

I’ve been reading a number of posts from everyone and it seems cable length is a major item. My display port cables are the typical 6’ length. They all work without using the KVM. I’ve tested with just one monitor on all ports of the KVM with no change. I’ve held the button on the KVM for a good ten count with nothing happening and just clicking the button doesn’t change the LEDs to red.

Other Notes:

I did wonder if the power adapter was no good, but with my volt meter I did have just under 12 volts coming out of the line.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

can you take a pic of the back of the kvm and how you have it cabled?

Sure thing. Including the back of my PC and the front of thr KVM also. This is all I get when my PC is on. I did swap to 3’ DP cables from the KVM to my monitors. Using 6’ ones from the PC to the KVM.

Somethings up with the DC power brick. Guessing that its loose, or that the little 2 prong plug plate is not clicked in just right. Pop the 2 prong plate off and examine closely the contacts; may need to pop it on and off a few times to make sure.

Failing that just about any 12 volt DC power brick should work with the kvm if you have literally any other power brick to test.

Thanks Wendell! :partying_face: I did use another brick I had after trying to reseat that plate a few times. I did test that brick and it was giving just under 12v, but the end that plugs into the KVM doesn’t seem as snug as it should be.

so working now or no? if not you’ll have to email me Wendell at level1techs.com so I can setup a mail in rma to investigate further

It is working with a spare brick I have.

1 Like