Help avoiding eviction

Did you want to start doing some budgeting ? How much can you afford for rent generally? I mean even if you got the money to move/1st month whats your budget look like?

Good luck man, hopefully you can get some help somewhere or a “stay of execution” or something.
I am not judging, money seems to evaporate, and time always seems to be running out

Right now i pay 550 a month. But my income doesn’t support that. I get maybe 500 total, plus food stamps which is 315.

But I just found a place for 400 a month, now i just need to be able to afford getting into it, and getting on my section 8 voucher. which will pay 3\4 of my rent.

Did you only recently get that or is it something you have just been putting off ?
That seems like it would solve most of your problems alone even without Social Security

current landlord wont accept section 8. which has been my problem. and finding someone who will.

Cool, so they aren’t turning you down as much for being disabled, more that they are refusing to take the welfare payment/whatever?

Kinda. I can’t take care of the lawn and such. which is also a major factor for them.

Do they have a resource for that? I have never looked but that might be thing where there are waitlists etc?

Keep in mind, there’s usually always options, and it usually is just a case of finding them.

I’d echo @Trooper_ish to talk to your land lord if you haven’t already. ( I don’t think you’ve said). What does he need for example, is he willing to take partial payments for a few months, can it be delayed for you to come up with a plan to give him confidence in keeping you or for moving without issue.

So this is good. Can you delay moving out to secure the place and move in without any period of homelessness or are you able to stay with anyone for example in the period in between?

Have you also considered selling things you can do without to get a little moving cash? (the plus side is you have less to move as well)

Id also echo @mutation666 in getting yourself a proper budget so you can live within your means. Obviously that’s an issue for when you’ve secured your current or future home, but it will be key to not letting bills get on top of you (been there done it, lack of budgeting will end up overwhelming anyone with any income, trust me, do this!)

1 Like

I’m on every wait list in my area, and soonest will be in feb.

You let the landlord know that? Show them the documents see if they would do 2 months?

Its worth asking, sometimes landlords are willing to be flexible so long as they know they will get the money. you could do a payment plan for the two months over 6 months for example. So long as you can show he can get the full payments and know that hell get them.

This landlord is an ass. won’t accept section 8 cause they dont want the inspection. And wont accept from luthrean social services cause same thing, inspection. It was a great place to live, but i don’t want to be here anymore with the way they are acting.

Good luck though mr Smerrils
Pointless comment, because barn door might as well stay open

Summary

That’s fair enough, but much better to have asked the month before, when time was almost on your side, and you had just received eviction papers or whatever.

I had. And they said no. i’ve been denied by so many landlords it’s been rediculous. hoping this one comes through. But I need the money to move, and pay first months rent and deposit.

1 Like

Do you have any options for extensions? Have you asked?

What about staying with your wife/girlfriend? it didn’t sound like she lives with you, is that a temporary option?

1 Like

Yeah, Even if only for the kids in the mean time?

At the moment no i cannot stay with my ex wife, and my landlord has already given me 30 days. And i haven’t been able to find anything.

Kids can stay with her, i have 50 50 custody of them already. she’s helping as much as she can.

Does he have anyone lined up to move in? If not, have you asked for an extension? (people wont generally allow extensions unless they can see you’ve actively trying to move out, you’d need to show this most likely, but he’d also get extra money if there’s no one to move in)