Help avoiding eviction

I have been trying to find a new place to live. I haven’t found one that is willing to let me rent due to me being disabled. I need a walker for long distances, and a cane. I have nowhere to go. I have no money. I have 2 kids. I need help. I have a gofundme because I have to be out by the January first. I am desparate. So I’m posting here. Please, any amount you can give will help. I’m so scared.

2 Likes

What caused the eviction?(unexpected expenses, loss of some benefit etc ) Do you need help budgeting or anything else as well that can be provided by people who are not able to provide money? What state or country are you in so people can look up programs that might help. I get that money is a solution but that’s only a temporary one, people giving does not fix the issue that go you in this place.

I had a settlement from my father’s death on the sale of his house. it was spent on renting this place. I am on county assistance, but that’s not enough. and getting social security is taking forever. I have section 8 voucher in minnesota, but its only for todd county. I only get enough to pay bills. And the like.

I also have to be out by the first.

Do you’ve got PayPal? I don’t have a credit card

Have you reached out to any religious organizations or other local groups?

1 Like

Is that going to add up to enough?

Is there something wrong with that or is there nothing available there?

1 Like

I have luthrean social services helping as much as they can.

1 Like

Yes I do actually message me

What about DHS?
https://applymn.dhs.mn.gov/online-app-web/spring/public/process-login?execution=e1s1

From the title, I’m guessing you have already missed rent payments on the current place? Which means you also have arrears to catch up on?
Do you have an affordable place already lined up, and need the money, or will you have to use storage and a hotel until you can line up a place?

possibly get a hotel till I can find a place, and I have a place to store all my stuff. But i also need to rent a moving vehicle, or find someone willing to rent me theirs. or rent a truck.

The reason I mention a hotel, is because with one or two business days before jan, there isn’t time for paperwork to clear, even if you had a place lined up? Unless it’s off the books or something, and I don’t think that would work with the social.

But it was just an observation, I don’t know the steps involved over there, or the availability

AirBnB / extended stay hotel might be an option to look into in your area. Hotel would probably be prohibitively expensive ($100+ a night)

1 Like

Okay, hotel bad example, I was thinking mid-length kinda motel place, not the grand plaza…

1 Like

yeah there is a motel here, but I dont know their prices. was gonna be the next place i look

Novasty, I have dhs assistance, but had to use their emergency assistance to pay bills. Since i had my stroke in 2016 life’s been very hard. it’s been even harder to get out and about without a car also.

Not helpful, just asked info

Summary

Sorry to rag on you, I just don’t see how anyone could be out by the first? Like you would already have to be moving, or at least moving your stuff out already, it’s like the 28th/29th now, and only 1 working day to do anything in.
I would be begging my current landlord for an extension, even if an eviction notice time is almost up?

1 Like

Sorry I can’t help much, but hope you somehow pull a plan out of you imagination, and spend any donations wisely… money seems to go out faster than come in

I know that much. Got a settlement from the death of my dad and I paid a years rent, and bought clothes for my kids and furniture and replacing glasses. it was all gone before i knew it. Been trying to get on social security for ages now. things kinda just all piled on