Hello from New Zealand

I don’t know if this is where I’m supposed to put this but the message from Wendell in my inbox asked me to say hello. Sooo

Hello. My name is William, I am 33. Live in New Zealand. Casually interested in computers for a long time but not super serious until recently.

Tool and die maker by day but at my computer at night. I’m teaching myself to code starting with JavaScript and going from there. Considering studying computer science. Was a windows user until 2017 at which time I was on Mac OS until a month ago when I built my current PC so back on windows alongside my MacBook and am loving it and it has taken me down a highly fascinating computing rabbit hole from which there is no escape.

12 Likes

Hi there. Welcome to the jungle. Run while you can.

So you kill people? :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Welcome Will! nice to have you here, hope you like it here!

Hi! Welcome to the forum :wave:. What is it that you are currently interested in?

Welcome, welcome. I’m glad you’ve learned this early. The learning curve never really stops, so best buckle in.

What got me started in this rabbit hole was needing to use engineering related software for my job. It required me to jump back to windows due to lack of certain softwares on Mac.

I am also interested in simulations and other things.

We had an issue that fascinated me at work which sent me down the JavaScript rabbit hole which has made me want to learn to code properly.

I’m really enjoying it.

1 Like

Hi William! Very welcome, I am also from Cambridge in NZ, and work in technology.

Enjoy your stay!

Nice to know I’m not the only kiwi here.

Chur bro.

hello from Washington

Hello from Slovenia!

(@Krista)