Headsets

hey guys i was looking for a good headset. any suggestions?
i play a lot of tf2 and online fps's. i also dont want anything over $100 id rather use that kind of money on other hardware.
thanks

No idea of the price in US dollars, but Roccat Kave.
Or logitech g35 (I have, its sweet for gaming).

Ooooor Steelseries Siberia v2

thanks i have actually looked at those. ill have to check websites and see if i can get one.
thanks for the advice.

if you ask me, you really should be getting a pair of high quality headphones and then a seperate clip mic or something. for the same price as a gaming headset you'll get a 10x better sound.

+1 best way to go if sound quality is your priority. the only negative is the quality and inconvenience of clip on mics. id still say its worth it though.

Mmmmm 7.1 or 5.1 surround is "must" for gaming if you ask me..

from what ive heard at least, you can hardly even hear the 7.1 or 5.1 in headsets. plus, my sennheiser headset sounds insanely good for its price, gaming headsets at the same price sound like ass

If it's just for gaming, as I've recommended before, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826249006&cm_re=siberia-_-26-249-006-_-Product

If you're a competetive player you can't pass them up.

thx guys.....id really like to have the surround sound because when you are playing it helps sooooo much to hear spies and such sneaking up behind you.

then i would recommend a gaming headset. i personally love razer headsets.

I will not agree : 3
with my experience from my G35, I can almsot pinpoint exact location of an enemy just by hearing where he is : 3, or where shots came from etc

haha, ive never used a G35 but ive heard only good stuff from it. Ive only really used steelseries siberia, a few razer headsets, and a plantronics gamecom and from what i used the razer ones were the best, then again im sure a high end logitech would destroy all of that in sound quality ( heart logitech)

Never tried razer ones :|
The logitech g35 needs a bit deeper bass (no im not the 100% bass kind of dude, but it just feels weak) other than that, it's really good : ]
Was gonna get the Roccat Kave which seems like an even better headset, but they didnt have it in store atm and I wanted headset like "NOW"

Either the

• TRITTON AX Pro Dolby Digital 5.1 True Surround Sound Headset

or

• Logitech G35 USB 2.0 Surround Sound Headset

If you like bass go with tritton if you like crisp clean sound go with logitech.

Just make sure you don't buy an expensive sound card before you choose if you want usb or regular jack headset lol

keep in mind that you'll probably want a crisp sound with not too much bass for gaming, crisp highs and mids are the most important to finding an enemy, not overly loud explosions and booms.

that being said, ive never actually tried either of these headsets so i cant say much.

what headphones do you have renzokun?

plantronics gamecom 377. not that great, i usually just let my speakers make the sound and use the headsets mic. The sound is decent, and they're mega comfortable.

plantronics gamecom 377. not that great, i usually just let my speakers make the sound and use the headsets mic. The sound is decent, and they're mega comfortable.

Gamecom 377 are brilliant for the price. I find them to be really good headsets.