? HDtracks.com an track downloads for linux

iv recently been looking at HDtracks.com for some track downloads on my linux pc

but iv noticed they have a downloader so two big questions

1. is the open downloader option for linux

2.do i even need it to download the tracks to my pc after the album is bought

i dont want to buy the album an then not be able to download them

This is why the only digital market I use is bandcamp and still mostly prefer physical media.

BTW this is unrelated to your issue but is the master quality in HDtracks worth it compared to other alternatives?

4 Likes

You have the choice to either use their Desktop App on Windows or Mac, or alternatively just download it like any other file with your browser.

3 Likes

Works fine without an app. Been using this, Bandcamp, qobuz and beatport as far as digital purchases go. For none of them special download software is necessary. Even among those I cant always find the songs I want though…

1 Like

7digital might be another option? They’re a fairly large distributor for other services too, so you might find it there. Been using them for a couple years but I’m not super exotic.

1 Like

Most of the time I’m having trouble finding something it’s either a spotify/apple music only release, or some lesser known German/Austrian song, or something from an Asian country.

1 Like

ill give them a look thanks