HBA shows all disks but BIOS can only see one? (Truenas)

Hi there,
new here,

I’ve run for a while a Truenas Scale setup, powered by a Dell R310, with a Fujitsu D2607-A21 FW:P20 9211-8i in IT Mode.
When I go into the Avago BIOS after pressing Ctrl + C the BIOS shows,
Adapter: SAS9211-8i
PCI Bus: 05
PCI Dev: 00
PCI Fnc: 00
PCI Slot: 02
FW Revision: 20.00.07.00-IT
Boot order: 0
The Boot Support is set for [Enabled BIOS & OS]
And in the SAS Topology I can see all the three drives,
Device Identifier:
Direct Attached Devices:
Slot 0: ATA KINGSTON SA400S3 0104 Device Info SATA-SSD
Slot 4: ATA WDC WD20EFRX-60E 0A82 SATA
Slot 5: ATA WDC WD20EFRX-60E 0A82 SATA
Advanced Device Properties is set to the default and the Adapter Timing Properties is set to the default too.

I had two USB sticks plug into the internal USB ports.
One day after a power loss the USB sticks might have corrupted and I couldn’t boot from them anymore, so I installed a Kingston A400 SSD and installed truenas scale on the SSD.

After restarting the machine hoping for the server to just pick the SSD has the boot drive I was greeted with the “This is a NAS disk and it can not boot system”, so I thought it was just a matter of going into the BIOS and change the boot order.

But the problem is that the BIOS only shows one of the two HDD’s that I had already set up has one of the NAS drives before the powerloss.

When I go into the Avago BIOS all three drives show up, but when I go into the Dell R310 BIOS, the BIOS only shows one of the drives, the HDD previously configured in Truenas Scale has a NAS drive.

I can provide more information if needed!

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong,
Could someone help me?
Thank you

You’ve tried clearing the CMOS?

1 Like

Yes,
I couldn’t find the clear CMOS jumper so I removed the battery and unplugged the server, after setting up the correct date and going to Boot Settings → Boot Sequence, now it shows the HDD that was previously showing up + my Embedded NIC, but still no boot SSD or the second HDD…
When I reboot the machine the boot screen shows the three drives, but the BIOS doesn’t…

R310

It should show the three drives in the BIOS, right?

UPDATE: If I unplug both HDD’s I can boot to the SSD, now I’ll try to plug both HDD’s and see what happens…