HAVIT keyboard does not work with HDMI 2.1 KVM

Total disclaimer: this is my first ever KVM so I’m unfamiliar with any common KVM-related problems so I apologize if this is a common issue…

Anyway, I just purchased the following level 1 kvm: HDMI 2.1 KVM w/EDID & Serial Control - Single Monitor - Four Computer

I have the following keyboard: Mechanical Keyboard HAVIT RGB Backlit Wired Gaming Keyboard Extra-Thin

(I can’t post links but the keyboard should be the first amazon result on a google search)

I basically just unboxed the KVM and attempted to connect my mouse and keyboard. The mouse works fine. However, when I attach the keyboard the lights flicker, then turn off and it doesn’t work. Attaching the keyboard directly to the computer works fine.

My questions:

1. Is there a way I can get this keyboard to work with the KVM?

2. If not, are there a list of compatible keyboards with the KVM? Or something specifically to avoid when buying keyboards? If there’s a specific low profile mechanical switch keyboard like the one I have that’s known to work I don’t mind going that route.

Thanks!

-Justin

EDIT: Just noticed in the amazon description the keyboard has “n-key rollover” (not sure if this is causing the issue, but google says this has caused problems with KVMs), but I’m not sure if this can be disabled… If anyone has any suggestions lemme know.

its likely the keyboard will work fine in a usb3 port. if you can disable nkey rollover and/or flash qmk on it, its also likely to work fine.

Hmm, my keyboard isn’t listed specifically in the supported keyboard list. When I plug it in I see:

USB device connected (HidUsb): (Standard system devices) USB Input Device (04D9:A1DD:0106)
USB device connected (HidUsb): (Standard system devices) USB Input Device (04D9:A1DD:0106)
USB device connected (usbccgp): (Standard USB Host Controller) USB Composite Device (04D9:A1DD:0106)

In the QMK Toolbox console. Not sure if that’s helpful.

Kind of a shame, I’m using a full sized low profile mechanical keyboard with blue switches… My favorite kind of keyboard.

If anyone could give an assist on disabling nkey rollover in QMK for a non-supported keyboard --or-- if thats not possible point to a low profile full sized mechanical keyboard that is programmable via QMK (or would already work with this KVM switch) that would be great. Google searches haven’t turned up much.

If its a qmk based keyboard its literally in the qmk docs to disable nkey rollover. Itll also work fine via usb3 even with nkey rollover.

Theres another thread here on customizing qmk to ensble nkey rollover but not send kvm leading codes from different hid virtual endpoints so the lesdi g keys will work.

Leading keys wont work via usb3 though.

Hmm it’s an older keyboard I bought off amazon a while back thats not even made anymore (although IMO it’s been a really awesome keyboard). I looked in the supported QMK keyboards list and its not there, so have a feeling it’s a no go with QMK. Gonna roll with usb3 for now (just bothers my OCD that the mouse is in the hid port like its supposed to be and the keyboard is in the usb3… lol). If I do update my keyboard with a QMK compatible one I’ll post an update here.