Have a 2U rackmount UPS...comes with no rails?

Hi All - bought a Cyberpower (CP1500PFCRM2U) UPS for my rack. It weighs 30 pounds and specifically is not rail-mountable. It looks to only be mounted via the front 4 rack nuts/screws.

In my uneducated opinion since Im brand new to this, that seems kinda iffy. I know the UPS should go at the bottom, but it would still be suspended via those 4 nuts/screws in my StarTeck 25U rack. Is that okay? Has anyone had experience with this?

my UPS mostly sit on these in racks.

the ‘smaller’ cyberpower rack UPS do not usually include any rails but i would not mount them with out support. i always either mount it on the bottom of the rack so it sits on the inner rack frame, or buy the aftermarket UPS RAILS. CyberPower makes a rail kit, and it is included with their BIG UPSs, that you can buy seperate also. (i have like 100 rack cyberpower UPS and a LOT of desktop style UPS scattered around)

Thank you so much for this, you put me at ease!!

Two dumb question, but this looks like this screws in with rack nuts/screws in the front and back - I have an open frame rack am I able to screw these from the “front” of the rack holes in the back, or do these have to get screwed into the frame from the back (hopefully that makes sense).

Second, are you able to screw the UPS into the rack as well as the shelf? or just the shelf itself and the UPS rests on it?

Also, is this what you’re referring to?

Actually scratch that…my rack is longer than 29 inches :but less than 36, guess ill go with the star teck

Sadly never had official rail for my 3 ups. I always bough rail shelf for it because of that.

Sad but unsurprising

Ya seems insane to me…even the manual is showing it mounted in the middle of a rack with just the 4 nuts/screws

I’ve seen rack that would not buldge…
But startech… i wouldn’t try on my 48u :smiley:

my 25u seems really sturdy so far, although I have less than 100pounds of equipment (probably less than 250 by the time im done lol

that is actually their ‘universal’ model. it is the better model.

these come with some of their stuff new. it is borderline usable.

ah thanks! I dont think there is a way to pout them on my UPS…oh unless I think they want me to unscrew from the UPS itself and screw back in with the rails.

the universal 4 post, or the Startech, are really the best option.

Thank u :slight_smile: got the starteck