Has seasonic made a recent poor PSU?

So in looking over the various brands it seems seasonic is the most reliable brand as far as trusting a brand goes, with a quick look through pretty much all their PSUs on Jonnyguru's are 9s or higher, and I've seen one 8.5 so far that was like a tiny flexATX PSU

so the question becomes, in recent times has seasonic produced a bad PSU? Either directly or through one of their various rebranded PSUs?

and what of the rare Super Flower PSU or rebrand? the capstone(non G I think) ones were solid rebranded from super flower I think, I've been one of those hard for years now and it's only a 450W

any other OEMs to know about? or does everyone else just rebrand?

Should be a search for seasonic PSUs
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=Search&min=0&query=Seasonic&type=reviews

Funny you mentioned about Seasonic PSU's high failure rate. When I had a client's PC to repair, I initially thought it was a bad PSU; the Seasonic 430W 80+ Bronze, not gonna bother with the model, in fact it was bad memory. And do not forget that Seasonic makes PSUs for Corsair, one as an example being the AX1200i, so would be interesting to see how Corsair's PSUs' reliability is at.

Actually most corsair's aren't made by Seasonic. The original AX lineup was made by Seasonic, but the current AXi lineup is built by flextronics

Ah, haven't been up to date with whose supplier is Corsair's lately.

I am currently using Seasonic...
Basically yes, when I needed to buy a psu back in the day I asked a few friends, they all said "Seasonic is basically the best, but if you don't want to spend that much money you can go for Fortron"...
Fun fact. Seasonic is expensive here, and Fortron (FSP) is extremely cheap for some reason. And basically everything from them is pretty reliable...

Evga s G2 and P2 lineups are made by superflower (according to jonnyguru), very good psus overall (good looking cables, competitive price, good warranty....). I do read a lot of psu reviews on jonnyguru and have never seen bad review on any seasonic psu or seasonic rebrand.

Seems like superlower psus aren't sold in US under superlower branding at all (or at least I've never seen one) like here in Europe.

If you are looking for new psu I'd recommend evga s G2 or P2 line of psus. Seasonic psus are also very good but for some reason their cables are bit short (I've got define r4 and seasonic g-650 and it's cpu power cable is a bit too short for good cable management). NEX lineup (evga) has best warranty (10years) but it didn't get as good grades from jonnyguru.

I have 2 laptop AC adapters from FSP and they're alright.

Fun fact...
Some number of FSP product series gets recertified with higher class... 80+ to bronze, bronze to silver, etc...
For example, Raider series was initially certified as bronze, later on recertified as silver. In my country, it's cheaper than many bronze PSUs from Corsair or Nzxt or whatever...
I believe, that some of their old stuff, like PNF and APN series gets recertified as bronze...
Basically I am saying they are good manufacturer. May be not Seasonic good, but still good. I would classify them second best after Seasonic...

As like with any decent PSU brand, Seasonic also has diffrent levels of psu´s.
So yeah also Seasonic will have lowerend cheaper psu´s, that can be crap.

ya but even like their stripped down 300-350W low end crap gets a 9.5/10