Has Logan gone full retard?

How could you guys miss my point. I know this. He just makes DAC's. Whoopie. I'm referring to great talents/highly skilled people. I'm not talking about doing yet another headphone video. I just mean for information, or future videos. You'll find some greats here, but also some legends.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL78B14D548F81C083 

Well all he said really, was that tube amps alter the music and make it sound warm, which, it does. He also said that DAC will get you a truer sound, which, it does. 

He did say that tube amps were bad (if I recall correctly) at the beginning of the discussion, but he corrected himself.

Well all he said really, was that tube amps alter the music and make it sound warm, which, it does.

Tubes CAN make music sound warm, no DOSE! there are many Tube Amp circuits with many different characteristics, including transparency. 

He also said that DAC will get you a truer sound, which, it does. 

I have no problem with DACs, but not sure why your bring them up in a conversation about Tube Amps, and a truer sound compared to what????

He did say that tube amps were bad (if I recall correctly) at the beginning of the discussion, but he corrected himself.

Think he said something more along the lines of, Tube Amps were OK if you wanted that warm distorted sound......again, reinforcing the assertion that all Tube Amps are permanently saturated, clipping noise factorys that can get close to the transparency of a Sold State Amp. 

Just arguing for both sides.

Or fanning the flames ;) 

OP could have picked a less offensive title. Since you like memes so much why don't you try and make a doge style title?

We have a thread for that https://teksyndicate.com/forum/pic-war/doge/166469

Because me saying good things about both DACs and Tubes will start a fire?

Not everyone trolls like you do.

First off, I asked "Has Logan gone full retard?", it was a question, not a declaration. (A declaration would be "Logan has gone full retard!") Second, It's a meme to get attention. Thirdly, I respect him, but it didn't seem rational to compare MP3 and FLAC with primitive waveforms.

I love every other video he does and he encouraged me to be a free thinker, to think for myself and not just what the internet says, however I do take that into consideration and take the Pepsi challenge.

I think there are people looking at what Logan does in the wrong way, especially judging by comments on the video. 

It's a community built around his videos. We can watch the videos (Logan's primary method of communicating with us at once) and then have intelligent discussion about it. In Logan's own words, he is still learning about this stuff. 

I've seen comments that are akin to 'how dare you post a video on this subject if you don't know about it'. Which just seems ridiculous in the context of a community discussion, although frankly it is expected in a youtube comments section. But that is why Logan has been saying, come to the site, let's talk about this stuff.

I love tubes. Sometimes I lay in bed pretending my nipples are warm russian tubes. 

OP I'd retract proposing Logan is a retard. Regardless of the content in a video. Thats not a very nice thing to post champ. Very immature.

Yeah...  Well it seems YouTube sense is seeping into the site great where am i going to get my intelligent discussion. Jk but i do feel that Logan is correct on this one and op because you like memes so much this site may suite you more than tek syndicate http://9gag.com/ here you go enjoy!

Well, I only apologize for being too brutal, I had no business doing that, but I have done blind tests with 24-bit vinyl rips. (which is closer to the source) I have no problem with digital, I just have a problem using an Audio Codec older than Windows 3.1.

so many topics on this forum end up in

"I only read the title, and now I want to argue."

disgraceful

Spelling out those composers names makes you sound like a pretentious asshole dude. 

I haven't watched any of the channels vids that you posted, and I'm not a sound engineer. 

That being said...

You do realize that those big names on youtube get PAID to make those videos right? You do realize that there is a LOT of kickbacks that they don't have to declare for transparency eh? Really easy to do... 

Just because someone is a professional and really good at something doesn't mean they are above coercion, bribery, or plain 'moving up in the biz'. When money is involved, all opinions are privy to scrutiny.   

These people are rarely ever in the spotlight. If you Youtube them, you won't find very much at all. I don't understand what you mean by getting paid. They don't do videos. They're the behind the scenes people that sit in their studios and get amazing work done. Some of the most respected in the industry. Maybe Dave Pensado pays them, but who cares. Their time is money.