Hardware for AMD Reset Bug Fixes

Hi,

What’s the current state of the 5700XT ? I tried finding some answers on the forum but it’s kinda confusing.

I understand there’s “the fix” that @gnif made, but as I can see it’s still being quite discussed here making me think it’s not 100% fixed.

So what’s the state of 5700XT and the patch? If we disregard the inconvenience of having to patch and compile it yourself (I don’t mind doing that), are there any other issues with the card in VFIO or is it generally OK ?

Or, should I expect issues and the fix to not work all the time, or similar ?

Any kind of overview would be highly appreciated as I’m building a new box now and 5700XT fits my budget perfectly, but I wanna do VFIO (Arch host on R9 380 and Windows guest). Thanks!

It’s not, the fix only works about 50% of the time in my experience, on some platforms not at all. We are at a stand still until AMD be more forthcoming with technical details.

@gnif following up here. Is this dead now? I’m wondering if its finally time to ditch this card and switch back over to Nvidia.

The work on the reset bug fixes is currently here:

Vega 20 is supported (ie the Radeon 7).

Thanks for pointing me to this! I’m going to try to get this working on unraid. Anyone have experience doing that?

I’d suggest looking around the unraid forums and wiki to see if they have any guides on the reccomended procedure to add a kernel module. Eg if the standard dkms is best, or if you need to use the make install, or if you will need a special manual procedure.