Hardware for AMD Reset Bug Fixes

Ooh, A7RII. You actually get better video picture quality in the Super 35 crop modes on that camera, just a heads up. Also might be worth it to get a Atomos Ninja once you get serious about video.

If itā€™s boring then donā€™t worry about it. Iā€™m just interested in learning more about the process and how it works. I havenā€™t done anything with hardware, but Iā€™m a software engineer and like learning and tinkering with new things.

Second this. Itā€™s not boring, itā€™s amazing.

1 Like

good%20news

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/post-what-new-thing-you-acquired-recently/149881/572

5 Likes

Oh Iā€™m so excited I canā€™t wait. Christmas came early!

whoop whoop!

Oh Iā€™m so hyped for this for Iā€™m going to add a second VII soonā„¢.

But save the koalas first! I know, weā€™re piling a lot on you :woozy_face:

Donā€™t jump the gun just yet, initial work on the reset isnā€™t looking good, it resets but ends up in an unusable state.

3 Likes

Ah, thatā€™s unfortunate.

1 Like

Thanks much for the info!

Very unfortunate. Iā€™ve got a pair waiting to go into a Proxmox build. Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s worth it going through the trouble. Is there a AMD GPU I can get that just works?

Unfortunately there is nothing AMD that ā€œjust worksā€ at current.

Indeed, Iā€™m very appreciative of you taking your time to investigate this.

3 Likes

I remember when I bought this GPU I thought I was going to make life easier for myself in terms of compatibility and future proofing :sweat_smile: Itā€™s a shame AMD doesnā€™t give much help on something like this.

Anything we can do to help @gnif? Some cash for a redbull/beer/coffee/drink of choice?

3 Likes

At the bottom of this page there are some options.

Looking Glass is another one of gnifā€™s awesome projects.

Haha, I felt the same about my 5700XT. Oh well, weā€™ll all eventually get it worked out thanks to the wonderful work of @gnif, AMD and the community at large.

Glad you were able to raise the funds and find one. I have been away from the forum for soooooo long, I only just saw this post today.

Thanks again for all your work fixing this reset bug and all those who donated to see this happen on the Radeon VII

4 Likes

I recommend:>
https://www.shipito.com/en

I used this webpage, in order to ship books from the US to Sweden, that couldnā€™t be shipped directly. Since I have already put my faith in them to ship the stuff to me without problem. I suppose, that I can recommend them without problem. Itā€™s a great service for those outside of USA.

How is everything going? Is it a lost cause @gnif ?

Every few months I sit down and have another look at AMDā€™s reset code in their amdgpu driver and see if there is anything new we can use here. Unfotunatly there has been nothing of use to us yet, and AMD are still not giving any extra information or hints as to where to go next. So dead in the water, but I have not given up yet.

6 Likes