Hardstyle hammers

1 Like

This seems appropriate.

Wut happend?

just linking your video, it's hardstyle

Is it? Genres were never that confusing as they are today.
This is hardstyle for sure:

i agree. that is hardstyle to me too.

but i guess the previous one was more a dubstep style? lol who cares?

Sounds like something I would listen to at times.

music is great and incredibly varied like the people who make them, sucks to dismiss something you might have liked but didnt hear because it was categorized by someone as something else.

Hardstyle is an obvious genre. Kicks, Rips, Roars, and Growls. Sometimes theres other oscillators thrown in, and in the more plebian commoner shit theres all sorts of audio to make it friendly and fun (I have to post some of that because otherwise someone will bitch).

I am more the Dubstep and heavy Drum&Bass guy. And many other, "lighter" genres.
Too keep this thread on track:

Oh no you want to bring out old style stuff we have to really do it justice.

1 Like

Ahh! The good ol stuff!

1 Like

One of the best livesets I've witnessed.

1 Like

REVIVE!

1 Like

REVIVE ME!

I'm a bit late to the party...but I wanted to discuss this...

Honestly, I get tired of the big super saws (notable in the Hateful Love song you posted, Aremis). There is a time and a place for them, I've used big super saws in my own music on many occasions, but I feel like they've been over used in electronic music...which feels weird to say, because that's almost the same as saying "guitar has been over used in rock", but seriously speaking, at least with guitars everyone typically has their own tone with their guitar.
With electronic music, I feel like it's the same Nexus or Massive patch being used by everyone without any originality put into. I always build my sounds from scratch in Synth1 or Diva (little less so in Diva, I'm not very good at programing in Diva), or, at the very least, if I find a preset I like, I make some adjustments to the filter, ADSR, the oscillator balance, and sometimes the oscillator itself to at least give the preset some of my own character.

That being said, however, while I am not a fan of "Hardstyle" as it...to me in my unfortunately cynical eyes...is just more electronic drivel for the "Me Too" club scene, I do like the distorted kicks it brings with it, and I've often tried (to a lesser degree) to incorporate that same type of "trashed" kick into my own music as well.

also:
sorry, I just listened to more of the song..I'm confused why the Amen Brothers break is in there (video below explains what the Amen break is, if you aren't familiar)
It seems kind of out of place in this particular song...

edit:
and super saws: