Halo Online for PC (UPDATE: 4K Gameplay Footage)

So, it looks like there is an online only (no story/campaign) Halo game in the works. in fact, the beta is out now being tested . Seems to be only available in Russia at the moment, but this is interesting. it is the only franchise i am jealous of the Xbox for having lol

Apparently it is running a version of the Halo 3 engine to keep accessible to more players, who may have slower hardware. I am eager to see what it looks like, but at the moment, i am hoping it does well so the PC will get a legit Halo game.

UPDATE: Here is some 4K gameplay footage.

1 Like

hopefully they extend the beta to other countries soon. I want to give it a try

1 Like

Ugh.... free to play though? With it being Microsoft, isn't that basically saying it will be 'pay-to-win'? T_T

can't PC just get a legit normal Halo game? come on! i would even settle for it being released a year later. I get they have to keep it as a console explusive to sell xbox consoles, but here is my thinking on it.....

By releasing it like 6 months later, they will still sell a butt-load (<---- technical industry jargon) of consoles and copies of the game to the xbox fans. trust me, they can't wait. THEN release it on PC, a group who would never have bought the console/game otherwise. sounds like a win win. money + money = more money.

There is Halo 2 (the best one in my opinion) on PC. It was ported by Gearbox years back and has mod support for custom maps. Never have played it but I know it is out there.

This looks interesting but yeah not pleased about the free to play. Also Russia, is this some off shoot of microsoft game studios or did these guys get rights to make a game with the older engine and name? I kind of hope it is good but at the same time I little interest with out a campaign to Co-op through.

The last game with a title out of russia for me was Postal 3. A game so badly made that Running With Scissors (the makers of the original Postal games) disowned it and are trying to fund their own game to make a proper Postal 3. Sorry for the Off Topic just explaining some background.

I've always loved Halo. I wish they would put all the games on PC. I played 1, 2, and 3 as a little kid; good memories. I played reach a little later at a friend's house. The lore and the soundtrack was always better than the gameplay for me though. I never get over the epicness of that main theme.

Halo was good when Bungie made it. 343 has desecrated the franchise. If you are wonder what I'm talking about, go watch the legendary ending for Halo 4. They had ONE RULE... ONE RULE for Halo, they could do whatever the fucking shit they wanted with the story. But noooo they had to go break that one god damn rule. Halo made by 343 is fucking dead to me.

But an online only Halo game could be cool, I'll be following this closely. :)

YES OH MY GOD THIS NEEDS TO COME TO AMERICA IMMEDIATELY
Seriously 3 was my favorite game (I put like 2000 hours in it from '07-'09 on custom games alone) and I've been waiting for a proper PC Halo game for years since.

1 Like

I Agree, I hate how 343i is screwing over Master Chief/Dr. Halsey and the story-line. If Dr. Halsey didn't abduct little kids and go through with the SPARTAN II program, Their Wouldn't Be Master Chief and the Covenant would have made humanity extinct. Plus in Halo 5 their gonna try and kill Chief, like yeah he can activate all the Halo Rings, But couldn't the Loyalist do that too. so I'm boycotting campaign though i played till Halo :3 becuase I'm More of a Halo Novel kinda guy. I'm glad Halo is coming back too PC and agreed on Master Chief Collection needs to be on Steam, but bank on an E3 or Gamescom announcement

To be honest, i really only like the Story to Halo 1. not much a fan of Halo 2's story. and i don't know any of the others. played a lot of Halo 3 at my cousin's, but just multiplayer. at one point i was considering buying an Xbox One JUST for Halo 5 XD. if i was rich, i would, but i am not, and that $400 + $50/year can be better spent elsewhere.

This is what i am talking about, Microsoft! people who won't be buying the xbox anyways, who would gladly buy a Halo game!

I'm looking forward to trying this, but I think this project will be better in the end since it should be free from Microsoft interference.

Project Contingency
http://www.project-contingency.net/h1-home

1 Like

I will be following this closely; i grew up with the original xbox along with nintendos consoles and loved the 360 but really hate the one right now as many freinds were pressuring me into getting one
if this does come to the US it will be nice to have halo back on the PC after it was natively dropped after CE (yes it was made on PC i have the legitament disc sitting next to me every day) and we may even see the master chief collection and more if MS is actually gonna do this unification between PC online and Xbone online play

Also note the original Xbox was the best thing ever b/c you could make it run PC stuff as the original console based of a x86 archetecture

i have seen stuff on Project Contingency, but i am wondering if they will have any iconic maps (most notably, blood gulch and sidewinder)

I remember back in the day, all the pre-launch Halo stuff. Wasn't it originally going to be 3rd person, or an RTS type game? man, i feel old <.<

I had 2 original X-Boxes.. i basically played KOTOR and Halo 1/2. i call Xboxes 'Halo Boxes', because that is what they are to me lol.

Updated my post with 4K gameplay footage!

Damn that looks way better than I thought it would. And it runs at 4k. Good to see they are thinking ahead with its development. Seems really smooths as well but no idea what hardware they are running.

I couldn't care less about the legendary ending. Those bastards killed Cortana!

1 Like

I used to run a Halo Combat Evolved server for PC and Tek Syndicate but we only had 3 players (myself and two others).

When this starts rolling out I'll be more than happy to try hosting it again.

She is still alive..... in Windows.

1 Like

I think there was a post in the lounge about Microsoft finding out and pulling the plug in this. Seems they were not sanctioned by Microsoft to make this after all.

There was also a buried and shady mega upload of the game and instructions on how to get it running for any brave souls.

Actually, i do believe you may be mistaken. The game is a Microsoft product, what they did was issue a take down of the mods that were coming out for the game, which is in closed beta in Russia. 343 officially announced Halo online. it is developed by some other companies that i don't recognize though.

Okay. Cool... sort of. I am very confused as to what is actually happening with this game. So it is not coming out in Europe or America. it is only beta in Russia and there is no release date.

I hope when they finish it and release it they will port it to other counties. Shame to waste it on a Russian only release.