Hak 5 Tool Kits

Has anyone gotten any of the tool kits they offer / used them? Been thinking about getting them to mess around but not sure ho easy it will be to learn how to use the tools.

2 Likes

I don't have any of the field kits, but I do have a lot of their gear:

WiFi Pineapple Mark V w/ tactical bag
WiFi Pineapple Nano
USB Rubber Ducky
Bash Bunny
USB-SDR

I'd say, from an experienced standpoint,

Get it if

you already play with kali and would like to contribute some code to the Forums/github

you already are looking into a cyber job

you are already in a cyber position.

Other than that, Don't spend a lot if you're looking to just play around with it. There are cheaper alternatives to these devices. I'm actually trying to sell my Mark V with the tactical carry bag and 2 Pineapple Juice 1800 batterys, if you would want, i can make you a deal :stuck_out_tongue:

For example, you can already do what the pineapple does with a few wifi antennas and a few bash scripts. The pineapple just makes it a little more portable than a laptop.

you can get cheaper duckys made from arduinos (the really small ones, cant remember the model)

1 Like

I am more on the networking side of the IT house. Figured the manuals they come with might be a good thing to read / mess around with, thinking I might want to try and move over to red team stuff and figured this would be a solid kit to mess around with.

Youll have to come over some time and have some drinks at my place and show me what its all about, since we are close.

1 Like

Sigh ... no, just no.

It's "drink all the booze! Hack all the things!"

hey their product got a line in that song :stuck_out_tongue: they can do it how they want.

Also note I think the wife is going to order it for us to play with so, Ill let people know what I think of it as I learn more on using it.