H200 Raid card issue if you want to help

Hello I purchased a pre flashed “IT mode” H200 raid card so I can run ZFS on my Dell PowerEdge 710.

how ever the card had a boot failure issue
“Invalid PCIe card found in the Internal Storage slot”

I tried to follow these guides on fixing the issue by editing the card, however I keep getting errors when I try to unbind or halt the card in order to edit it.

brandon@kali:/usr/share$ lspci -Dmmnn | grep LSI
0000:01:00.0 “Serial Attached SCSI controller [0107]” “Broadcom / LSI [1000]” “SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [0072]” -r03 “Dell [1028]” “6Gbps SAS HBA Adapter [1f1c]”

brandon@kali:/usr/share$ sudo lsirec 0000:01:00.0 unbind
mmap bar1: Invalid argument

Then I tried a work around for the “mmap bar1: Invalid argument” error

but nothing is fixing my issued can anyone offer any advice?

@wendell @ryan @admin

First of all, you need to make sure you have root permissions to be able to issue these commands. Type: sudo su Supply your password on request.

Then try again with the original solution.

1 Like

brandon@kali:~$ sudo su
[sudo] password for brandon:
┌──(root💀kali)-[/home/brandon]
└─# lsirec 0000:01:00.0 unbind
mmap bar1: Invalid argument

Ok, back to square 1 then:

• disconnect all drives (if you haven’t already) and move it over to a different slot.
  • perform the mmap workaround you’ve found (as root, edit the required file, save it, then reboot)
  • boot with a different kernel, <4.5, SysrescueCD 6.0.6 has kernel 4.19 (current version is 7.0.1, which has kernel 5.4, so unusable)

HTH!

ok I couldn’t get sysrescuecd working properly on my dell optiplex but that’s besides the point.

I installed ubuntu 16.04.7 wit kernal 4.4

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet splash”
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""
iomem=relaxed

I edited grub / updated grub / restarted the box

and it worked!

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.