Gunpla Building and Weathering tutorial (Now Complete)

Good luck

1 Like

Gluing the leg joing together was a failure, snapped as soon as i tried reinserting the hip. Tried using heat to reconnect the plastic as a last resort which was also a failure. the model has basically lost most of its posability thanks to the leg basically just loosely sitting in there :/ will look around the web see if i can find a spare part.

Edit: just had an idea, will try to find tiny zip tie to put around the joint.

1 Like

better idea would be an epoxy

2 Likes

Nah I'm stubborn. Pics inbound

1 Like

Gonna ruin it m8

1 Like

You jinxed it the foot joint broke. Lord have mercy I'm gonna kill someone. Really dissapointed with this kit

1 Like

Epoxy is your friend, let it cure over night

1 Like

I don't have epoxy ;_; if the glue doesn't work on the ankle I'll get some. It should though it's just a friction mount not a snap mount

1 Like

It wont, go get some god damn 2 part epoxy, i like the gorilla brand as its the only one that dries clear, its the only clear one i can find at regular hardware stores

1 Like

^^^^^This

1 Like

We'll see, not like the leg of my gouf is held on by glue or anything :P

you stubborn sob

1 Like

here's my ghetto fix for the hip btw.

Disclaimer: This is a weathering tutorial thread not a repair your broken shit tutorial thread lmao

2 Likes

Status update. Glue fixed the ankle joint except the pressure broke the other side. Going to the store for epoxy @Skelterz @trevsstrem

3 Likes

Battle damage, run with it :)

It's not a mistake, it's a creative opportunity.

If all else fails I'll go that route, make the leg blown in half and get one of those gunpla posers and make it look like its flying through space.
Giving this stuff a try

4 Likes

no, not the translucent yellow!

1 Like

The joint won't be visible

1 Like

I want to build another Gunpla now guess I know what I'm spending money on at comic con this weekend. There are two lessons I've learnt from this thread 1 don't fuck the joints up and 2 in case of fuck up use epoxy.

Lol pretty much. I basically knew glue wasn't going to work but was being stubborn.