Guess that anime thread game

I’ll drop a hint later if it is needed.

1 Like

Madlax? This one is bugging me, it seems very familiar, but I can’t quite track it down. And Madlax is not even on my list even though I have at least seen some of it, so took me a while just to come up with that…

2 Likes

correct

2 Likes

mpv-shot0040

2 Likes

Hm, haven’t seen Madlax and looks like its right up my alley

That 1/2 smile reminds me of Sailor moon.

It is not as old as Sailor moon (its first season at least), but it does also have a female main character which is the one in the screenshot.

I rewatched a little of Madlax and El Cazador de la Bruja and the soundtracks are amazing, I never finished either of them but I’m definitely feel like giving them another chance now. Just wow, I don’t remember Yuki Kajiura being that good.

Cardcaptor Sakura?
^
Just a random guess, but

Kinda ruins that guess

I want to say Soul Eater but the art style is way off, i keep thinking that is Maka.

Yeah, it is not Cardcaptor Sakura. No magical girls here.

Soul Eater is also way into the widescreen era, so not that either.

This anime is a TV show that aired in the 90’ties with your typical girl meets boy plot. She is a honor student and looked up by everybody, but one day a certain boy discovers her secret…

1 Like

okay, last hints before I find something else, some more obvious screenshots:
mpv-shot0214
mpv-shot0038

The anime is Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (His and her circumstances)

This is a shoujo anime by the same director as Neon Genesis Evangelion and it really shows in the animation. And disregarding the interesting animation, it is a fairly good shoujo anime focusing more on the two main characters life and troubles rather than idealized romance. It is a great pick if you are looking for some romance anime with a bit more depth.

Here is an easy one to get things moving again:

4 Likes

give us a clue

1 Like

It is an OVA about a crazy girl solving murders of even more messed up girls.

Kara no Kyoukai aka The Garden of Sinners

Denpateki na Kanojo

1 Like

Novasty is correct

While the plot is decent, what really drove this anime home for me was its direction and visual style:

@Skelterz Kara no Kyoukai was a good guess though

2 Likes

This one should be easy, just hard for me to look for a shot that isn’t google-able.

ultraman?

Nope.