GPU wall art

I don’t know if i have been drinking the nvidia cool aid, or watching too many tech channels, or worked with GPUs a lot, or just been an engineer who loves beautiful engineering for a long time, but I decided I wanted to do some GPU “art” for me and my wifes studio. She does a lot of textiles, so a little bit of a culture clash!

Starting with a Nvidia Tesla V100 16GB SXM2.

I’ve never personally worked with or run anything on this class of server GPU, but it feel like a little bit of a classic from when nvidia clearly moved from being a gaming gpu company to an AI gpu company. It was happening before that, but this GPU seemed something new, at least to me. Images of 8 of these racked up in a server with some serious matrices being crunched and something new coming out. That huge chip with the ram blocks clearly defined. Those VRMs! The SXM format is also v interesting, I would love to do a build for fun or work, but too noisy for my home. So it’s onto the wall in a frame for you.

Teardown and clean up first.

2 Likes

And ready for a frame

I would have gladly returned this thing to service :pensive:

yea, i do feel a little guilty!

It is a pretty cool idea though! Reminds me a bit of this… lol (starts at 29:56 or thereabouts)

(He does run it on the wall eventually I think)

1 Like

Thnx. I’ve seen a few wall mount pc builds, and they can be really smart and fun.