I’ve recently done a similar thing, though I didn’t test nearly as many games/benchmarks and failed to do much testing with the broken NPT enabled. For what it’s worth, here are mine. Let me know if it’d be worth my creating a separate thread for this? I’m new here. System specs are:
Fedora 26, 4.13.10 with NPT patch applied
Ryzen 7 1700 at 3.8Ghz
Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5
Radeon R9 380 (host)
Strix GTX 1080 (mild OC) (passthrough)
16GB 3200Mhz Trident Z (the intel optimised sort) running at 2933Mhz
In the QEMU XML for the VM I gave 8 cores (cores 0 through 7 pinned). The setting used were very similar to those recommended by Wendell in his first Ryzen passthrough write-up.
3DMark Firestrike:
VM with patched NPT: 6510 Combined, 3986 CPU, 7329 graphics (47.8/42.0fps)
Baremetal: 7765 Combined, 8002 CPU, 7725 graphics (49.9/44.64fps)
Cinebench CPU:
VM with patched NPT: 819
Baremetal: 1663
Unigine Heaven (ultra):
VM with patched NPT: 2639, 104fps (min 9.0 max 205)
Baremetal: 2907, 115fps (min 22.5 max 250.4)
Unigine Superposition (ultra):
VM with patched NPT: 4115 (min 25.4fps, avg 30.78fps, max 35.8fps)
Baremetal: 4334 (min 26.8fps, avg 32.4fps, max 37.6fps)
Middle Earth: Shadow of War:
VM with patched NPT: 86fps (min 21, max 202)
Baremetal: 106 (max 152, min 40)
I’m feeling pretty damn happy with the performance since the patch, and I can’t see myself actually restarting and booting into windows in the future at all. I’m a happy camper ![]()