Gpu overclock fail

ok so ive been overclocking my msi hd7950 OC boost edition to get better scores in heaven 4.0 anyway for the benchmark ive kept the 1100 core clock for a bit and ive been ramping up the memory anyway it was until i did a clock of 1100 core clock and 1575 memory clock ( these were the max msi allowed you to have) anyway half way through the test the screen went a dark grey blue couler :/ i could still here the music from the benchmark in the backround but the screen was grey/blue and even if i ctrl alt delete or winsows key it stayed that way. so i force shut down my computer using the power button and turned back on anyway when i jumped in msi afterburner the clocks went back to the original 960/1250 ? anyway i redid the test with a clock of 1100/1500 and it went fine really my question is do you think i seriously damaged my card in any way ( im still  new to ocing )

if your card never got too hot, and it still runs i think you are ok.

I dont really know if it damages the card but I rarely OC the memory as the returns are minimal on most cards so I would focus on the core clock as in my experience OCing the memory can cause more problems then its worth.  But a good OC on the core can give you a good boost in fps.

the card never exceeded 73 and i didnt check the vrm

Nvidia logo as you profile pic and your asking questions about overclocking an AMD hd 7950, lol 

shush dont question it

Too high of an overclock will not really damage the card, it just means that the card was at an unstable speed. PS, you should run the heaven benchmark for at least an hour before cinsidering that card stable.

PS also if you are using MSI afterburner, enable the voltage control, and increase the voltage of the GPU a little. in order to improve your overclock.

PS, overclocking the RAM offers very little in overall performance, The videocard rarely uses its full bandwidth. The rare times when it uses its full bandwidth, is when you have the card do very complex internal computations, for example very high levels of anti aliasing, or forced enhancements on the driver level. Overclocking the memory will reduce the performance impact of those enhancements slightly.