GPT 3TB disk, now only in RAW mode

So i have brand new Seagate SV35.5 ST3000VX000 3TB disk that i formatted to GPT 3TB (Full 3TB partition),

I used it in a server ( Windows Server 2003 R2, Datacenter Edition x64, SP2 with all updates ) and the drive was working perfectly fine, i was using it to record ts streams from the satellite, mostly satellite uplinks.

Today when i tryed to copy 2 pictures to the 'file and print sharing' server to the disk and disk went into RAW mode, since then i restarted the server and server automatically ran chkdsk, checked for errors and now GPT partition is is kinda broken.

I see only few files, rest of the data is still there but the partition information is corrupt.

Any ideas and suggestions how to get all the data back and should i use GPT in the future or just format it to MBR and be done with it.

Server config is:

1. Xeon W3520 ( 1st gen core i7 )
  2. EVGA GeForce GT 640 2GB Single Slot
  3. 6GB RAM
  4. ASUS P6T Deluxe v2
  5. TeVii S471 (DVB-S2 card)
  6. Intel Pro/1000 MT Dual Port Server Adapter
  7. Audigy 2ZS
  8. Seagate 1TB (boot), Seagate 3TB for data

Try via a usb2/3 adapter and/or a linux environment.

I don't have a USB interface for SATA disks, this is normal internal disk with SATA 6gb interface.

pull apart any external harddrive you have thats a usb adaptor to sata. Except for I have come across a wd drive that wasn't once it was super weird

I only have internal drives.