Got Lucky (for once)

Long time since I’ve posted but I wanted to share a lucky stroke I had recently. Sorry if this sounds like bragging in advance.

A friend worked at one of the big box stores and didn’t really know much about computer hardware (he was a Apple guy, not that there is anything wrong with that) and picked up a decent laptop on heavy discount. It was a former demo unit (although it was never turned on, it was behind plexi-glass or something) and picked up a Lenovo Y50-70 Touch for a song. Only catch is someone misplaced the box so it came with a aftermarket power supply. Really, not a big deal.

So he buys the thing and it doesn’t play games so well for him (he picked it up on clearance in mid 2016) and at the time the drivers for the GTX 860M seemed to have a lot of problems. Fast forward to him getting frustrated and going back to his MacBook Pro and shoving the Lenovo in the corner. He moves and finds the old laptop and gives it to my brother, who gives it to me.

So basically I scored a decent laptop gratis. It’s my first i7 CPU (i7 4720HQ) and 8 GB of RAM, 1 TB HD and Win 10. I’m pretty stoked with it. It doesn’t hold a candle to my main rig, but when you get lucky its nice to share.

Thanks for reading!

9 Likes