Google to delete all YouTube video annotations

I think it is one of the large motivating factors for them. It has never worked and creators complained about it. Mobile is a rapidly growing, if not all ready, the primary platform for views.

I think they have an alternative for mobile, the white cards in the corner? I know I have heard EEVBlog Dave talk about it a few times, the mobile vs desktop specifically related to annotations. He is even where I heard about this new change too.

I would like to take this opportonity to promote such concept as “Users” which basically means video viewers and guys writing comments

I know its a bit late and its difficult to make any changes at this point, but I have never really cared about any of these creators complain fake news which have been written like its my problem

1 Like

I’m almost ready to abandon youtube. I’m waiting for more content to pop up on twitch’s video section.

1 Like

Ah

Yes

Now I remember why annotations mean nothing to me

If I use YouTube it’s >99% mobile

3 Likes

People actually care about this?

4 Likes

To be fair i really don’t care about this, literally the first thing i do when i go watch a video on YouTube is to disable the annotations

2 Likes

What I mean is even the people using it don’t like the system.

Yeah I would think the users end of it was all ready pretty spoken for… Just, you know, look up?