Google Hardware Event - Livestream 2018 [OVER]

The harvest has begun

Google Pixel 3 - $799
Google Pixel 3 XL - $899
Pixel Slate - $599
Google Home Hub - $149

1 Like

Digital Wellbeing needs to chill…

If I want to be on my phone all day every day… leave me alone… let me be a robit (zoidberg voice)

So far Announced

• Google Pixel 3
  • Google Pixel Slate (Tablet)
  • Google Home Hub (Amazon Echo Show Competitor)

I’m not sure if this is relevant, I got an email from Google today. In it they say they are changing Google News and Weather to Google News. The news feed is going to be based on your preferences. I assume my preferences are gathered thru the vast Google network. What a bias bubble.

2 Likes

Google Home Hub, Comes in 4 Colors… Powered by USB-C

• Green
  • Pink
  • Blacc
  • White

It’s a shame when announcements like this are so extensively leaked beforehand. So far, everything is exactly as expected. They didn’t even bother to unveil the new phones, tablet, and smart screen separately, they just brought 'em all up simultaneously.

1 Like

if you buy a Google Hub you get 6 months of the YouTubens Premium

1 Like

Yeah but oh well. people want to see them all anyways

the only thing I’m hoping will come right now is the Pixel Buds 2

And hey, what’s up with those chins? It’s been a year since the iPhone X, why can’t anyone else make a chinless phone? Apple even managed to do it with a LCD somehow.

They omitted a camera on the hub entirely, which breaks one of the primary use-cases, video chatting with your grandma. Instead, they should have added a physical lens cover like the Lenovo model.

people have made them… it’s just Google wants to be like Apple.

Apple did it, so that doesn’t make any sense.

Xiaomi made a Bezel-less phone… with a slide out camera.

1 Like

Yeah, so why hasn’t Google, Samsung, or LG? The asymmetrical chin is fugly.

Ask them. I’m not a designer.

Umm, I wasn’t actually asking you, it was a rhetorical question.

This doesn’t sound rhetorical.

inb4 Pixel Slate is $999

As the person that wrote the post in question, I feel that I’m the best person to indicate my intention when writing it. It was only a couple minutes ago, so I remember my state of mind clearly.

Pixel slate looks decent.

ayeee

Pixel Slate $599

1 Like