Good Horizontal microATX cases like the old Corsair 240?

Back in 2016, I built a system in a Corsair Air 240 mATX tower. I really liked this case because it could be orientated in either direction. Here it was sitting on my floor:

Full build post: Developer Workstation PC Build

My current primary desktop is in a Ghost case, but I’m thinking about swapping it out for an mATX form factor. I’ve found I need some more PCIE slots for some projects, but I can’t find anything that has that horizontal layout as the 240. All the newer Corsair 280X cases are only orientated one way. The feet can’t be moved to the other side (guess I could just glue some on?). I bought that 240 for $80 back in 2016, and now used, bent out of shape, crappy versions, start at that price plus $50+ shipping. The horizontal CoolerMaster case looks ugly and horrid.

I want to keep the case on this shelf, which doesn’t have a whole lot of clearance for towers. Is there anything even remotely decent on the market? I can’t find anything.

It’s not horizontal, but some of Jonsbo’s cases are available on Newegg now and they’re pretty compact.

Total height appears to be 12.6". Something to consider.

Are you looking more so for squat compactness, or bucking the usual tower case?

Thermaltake Core V21…
You can reorient every panel so it really doesn’t matter how you gonna use it…
Thermaltake Level20 VT.
Not as square or cubic, but it have glass everywhere…
Thermaltake Divider 200 air.
Even more updated, but it’s about the same on the inside and it’s just the outer panels that are changed.

I completely forgot it exists, but there’s also the Silverstone SG12 if you can find one and you want a really small mATX case.

This topic was automatically closed after 273 days. New replies are no longer allowed.