Going to be a PC gamer soon, what PC only game should I play first?

Well, just go for it, I suppose. Witcher 1 is very quest intensive, and sure, most are witcher jobs, but still.

Act II is a bit slow... but it is for a reason. A tip from a game for you to do more stuff, look for more. At least that's how I feel about it.

Act III is full of tension, it's like, Act I tension times 4 times. Political intrigue and that "something is in the air" feeling all the elements of Act III are just great. Won't spoil act IV because it's kinda a surprise.

Overall, I always find a reason to keep going, even if just for the subtle book references that are in Witcher 1. It might be slow in some places, but I suppose it's good enough for me to play around 9 times, trying to unveil what happens when you choose differently. ( Mass Effect can run home and scream, Witcher games know how to make choices matter ).

Skyrim with mods.

Minecraft with mods.

You havent played them until youve used mods. Completely different experience. 

+1 for skyrim...

Skyrim with 387384+ mods installed...

I get what you mean, that's what I was missing from the MF series. I'm really trying to do every side quest in W1, but moving is like going through syrup sometimes. My friend has told me that Act IV and V are mostly fights. Are they long? Because I don't like fighting and fighting without a real story.. Will the surprise keep me going? I think I will continue W1 this evening if Act III is that good.

Agreed

Arma 3 and FTL. Enough said.

I think ArmA 3 is not the first game you should play (a bit complicated if you're new to PC), but definitely in the "should-play-in-the-future"-list^^

Act IV is hardly fights... in fact the atmosphere is just the opposite.

Act V however... chaos... just chaos.

There is a story and reason there however. I don't get why it's a syrup. Sure, you need to blow all your money on the books to do sidequests, but otherwise they're pretty straight forward. Get this, kill this, talk to his guy, decide who lives or dies, decide to do this, or not.

It seems like you're not enjoying yourself very much. If not, just drop it, try the second one. I actually prefer Witcher 1 in terms of storytelling but each to his own.

I can't bear the feeling of missing something. A new game is out? Better play his 3 predecessors first.. (e.g. Bioshock, Metro etc.) and read the books too (e.g. Metro, Witcher).

I'm on it again now, I'll just turn down to easy, hard is actually quite a pain.

To be honest, any of the multiplatform game that where out for PC as well.

If you play it for the first time, hard is not recommended, it's harder to do combo's when you don't know the moves... Normal and easy have the indicators ( flaming sword icon ) so it's easy. Still critical effects enemies pull of can screw you badly.