Giga's Cowboy Beans

for holiday occasions, Provided I have the funds/ingredients available I always make cowboy beans and people keep telling me to make it every year so I do

so here's some half ass'ed recipe I wrote when I was like 12

• 1 can of baked beans
  • 1 can of kidney beans (I guess one light and one dark if you want, or just one particular type)
  • 1 can of black beans
  • 1/2 to 1 Onion chopped and cooked to opaque... or not if you don't like them
  • Raw  bacon cut into 1/2' strips, any amount, there is NEVER too much bacon, if there is then you're obviously a terrorist
  • 1/2 to 1 bottle of BBQ sauce, I got a sweet tooth so I use the honey or brown sugar kind
  • 1/4th cup of hot sauce
  • 1/4 cup of mustard
  • 1/2 to 3/4 cup of brown sugar (If it doesn't taste up to snuff just keep adding more brown sugar,DIABEETUS!)
  • Bake @ 350F for 25~30 or until bubbling and bacon is cooked

I'll post a picture when its out of the Oven, I've been making this every year for about a decade now and its always a big hit, customize it to your own liking, Except the bacon you terrorist, keep that in

here are my other recipes and junk

1 Like

If you don't mind I have a BBQ sauce specifically for backed beans. I dont mess with other recipes  without consent.

cool lets have it then, or make another thread, the cooking section could use some material

BBQ sauce for baked beans:

1 can of diced tomatoes (roasted if you want a smokey flavor)

1 bottle of apple cider vinegar

2 table spoon molasses

1 table spoon honey (mesquite honey would get it smokey flavor)

1/2 cup brown suger

1 tea spoon ground mustard seed.

2 tea spoon of chili powder

1 Clove galic

1 Vidalia onion cut to fit in a garlic press 

Cayenne Pepper to taste

Salt to taste

Cracked pepper medley to taste

Cook the tomatoes with 1/4 cup the vinegar and a pinch of brown sugar until the tomatoes begin to fall apart. Mash the tomatoes or puree them in a blender if  you are using the sauce for something other than beans.  

Saute the clove of garlic and onion in oil (bacon grease if you have it). Just to get it a little brown. Cruch both of them into the rest of the ingredients.

Mix in  the tomatoes and stir like crazy. Vinegar and bacon greas can be added to change the consistency of the sauce.

bump because I’m making this right now and need the recipe, will fix broken links later

3 Likes

There is a project for recipes on a site that takes privacy to heart. Not my site but I sometimes refer to when I want to make something I haven’t before. The beans section is still a little lackluster if you feel like adding yours.

https://based.cooking/