Gigabyte X570 Master Mobo Update

So I just got a X570 Master, BIOS F11 and a Ryzen 2600.
I would like to get some clarification can I update to the latest BIOS?
I don’t see any dropped CPU support, I just wanted to make sure before i do anything i cant come back from.
I remember something about Ryzen and dropped CPU support on the BIOS i just don’t remember if that was for the all motherboards or just the older ones

What you want to do is look at the CPU support page for this motherboard, it will state something like the following:

Ryzen 2600, since BIOS version F11 and later

Basically what you are looking for is which BIOS version/revision your CPU is supported from.

Not sure how many fixes/updates in the later BIOS versions would help with that CPU so it maybe something you MAY not need to worry about until/unless you update to 3xxx or 5xxx CPU model.

1 Like

Thanks, I saw the when the CPU was supported and thing about it being dropped in any of the new versions, but i just had to check before i ruined something.
I only have the 2600 because it was a good deal while i wait for CPU prices come back down to earth. The market is crazy

Indeed it is, hence why I’m still just using the 3800x using BIOS rev F30

I will look to update the BIOS if/when I can purchase a 5000 series CPU, which may not be until mid-2021 or later :frowning:

So, in regards to dropped CPU support that was only the case for older mainboards (X370) because many used a BIOS chip that didn’t have a large enough space to hold everything that was needed.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s the part I could not remembered what was going on.
I just updated too F31 so far so good, seems little more stable. I had random lock up doing nothing before the update.

I’m currently still on F31e. I didn’t notice that the BIOSes with a letter at the end are beta version, because usually I do not Install a beta BIOS and I also wait a couple of weeks/month(s) before updating a BIOS.
But since my 5900X needed a rather new one I picked the newest. Anyway, Ibwill update in a few weeks if F31 turns out to be stable enough. (There were some issues with F31q.)

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.