Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro random BIOS version rollback

Hi everyone,
I recently upgraded my PC to a Zen-based system.
This is what I used:

• Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR4-3200, CL16-18-18-36 (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16)

Now to the problem: after installing the hardware I upgraded the BIOS and tweaked a few settings to get the IOMMU groups right etc.
I also enabled the XMP for the RAM.
Everything worked fine for weeks, until I wanted to start the PC from S3 (suspend to RAM; did this many times before without a problem).
It did not make it to S0 and the speaker made some noises.
After that it started like normally from S5, but it apparently rolled back the BIOS version to the stock one and deleted my settings. What a nice feature. Not. Any ideas why it does that and how I can disable it?
Unfortunately the problem was not logged in the systemd journal, so I don’t know what the problem was.

Thanks!

After rebooting again it seems like the BIOS version is now the newest one like before and the settings are back like they were. Very strange.

That’s Gigabyte’s Dual BIOS feature, if it’s not with a physical switch (Gigabyte only implements it that way on their high end 'boards) it’s mostly worthless, and I don’t think it can be disabled.

Ah ok, thanks… I hope it keeps quiet now :D.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.