Gigabyte X399 Aorus Xtreme IOMMU Mapping

Is there a simple way to determine the mapping between a physical location on a motherboard (PCIe slot, M.2 connector etc.) and the corresponding IOMMU entry?

I have a Gigabyte X399 Aorus Xtreme motherboard which I have not yet populated, and have been looking at an old post that lists the IOMMU groups, trying to figure out what entry corresponds to what physical location:

As @dstegos states in his post, one of the PCIe slots and one of the NVMe slots are in IOMMU group 0. The question is, which PCIe / NVMe slots are these?

One solution would be to populate the motherboard with all of the GPUs and NVMe drives I intend to use, and boot from a live image to determine the IOMMU group mapping (if the live image supports this).

Is there a better way?

While you’re in there, run lstopo too and grab the graphic it makes.

Any live disc that lets you edit the boot parameters will support iommu since it’s part of the kernel. Just add the kernel command line options for your platform.

1 Like

See the snippet after “You can get more information on the devices inside the IOMMU groups using this command line script” in this aricle. (Sorry, the damn forum softwar won’t let me post the code.)

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.