Gigabyte MC13-LE1

Looks like Gigabyte is not wasting time B650E

hmmm Interesting.

thought I would share if anyone is interested.

Regards Rob

Oh goody! Does anyone have a price indication for those boards?

(FYI: I ordered the MJ11-EC0 (EPYC 3151 based) about a month ago for about €525, it should arrive next week as my supplier had to order it from Taiwan especially for me)

1 Like

525 Euros. that sounds like a good price. I looked at that board. Would be very interested on how that board hooks up. looks quite efficient.

It is, but being mITX it rather lacks in connectivity compared to full blown EPYC systems. Still, it suffices for my use case, but others are advised to investigate suitability for theirs.

I am actually looking for a solution with HDMI output from the APU, 10Gbe, and enough M.2 so I can add a SATA M.2 controller with 8 ports via Oculink/SAS.

Kinda given up hoping for 8 SATA ports on AM5.

1 Like

Over 4 SATA ports has been an issue for AM4 as well. It’s baked into the design of the chips, there’s just not enough connectivity from the CPU to accommodate more then 4 SATA ports. That said, there are options for mainboard makers to direct a few PCIe lanes for SATA from the chipset, but most of the time they decide to either forego the option completely or use them lanes for different features.

ASRock seemed to have been the only one that have bucked the trend with a 8 port SATA X570 board. But going forward on AM5 I’m going to have to find a M.2 SATA controller using Slimline SAS connectors.

Any price indications yet?

No firm indications, but I suspect €500-600. Maybe a little cheaper in USD. But it could equally be a €700 or even €800 board. And Ryzen 4 ain’t cheap either!

Expect the worst, just in case :wink:

1 Like

It would be better if there were two 22110 M.2 slots…
and the new Gigabyte mgt console is impressive ~

It’s too bad Gigabyte didn’t expose all of the available PCIe lanes.

Having a second M.2 slot and an additional full-length PCIe option would have been fantastic.

Also, I wish we could get updated AST remote management parts with HDMI ports. The only reason I still have anything VGA lying around is for debugging my AST-based server boards.

AST has HDMI? Last I heard AST2600 had VGA and DP (confirmed by kernel drivers) although I’ve yet to see a board with DP.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.