Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming 5 - Good IOMMU groups?

I am looking at motherboards for a Ryzen build, I saw that Wendell recommended ASRock Taichi and Gigabyte gaming 5 in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLeWg11ZBn0
In the video it is stated that the state of IOMMU was not awesome, but how is it looking for the gigabyte board now?

I am mainly looking at gigabyte because it feels strange that they have 3 years warranty and ASRock only has 1 year.

When it comes to electronics, I always ask myself this question. How much warranty is required to move this device from the “bad device” column to the column of “good electronic part” Is this warranty required? If so. Why? What is exactly wrong with this piece of electronics, that it requires 3 times the warranty over others. From experience … If you haven’t replaced the electronic part after 3 months of owning… you probably will never need to.

It is not about a bad motherboard compared to a good motherboard. Both of the boards were recommended. And I think that if you are not confident in your product lasting the normal time then you would lower the warranty. Also, my friend recommended me to not buy it just because his experience was that the asrock boards break.

So far I haven’t heard of any improvements in regard to the IOMMU improvements on the Gigabyte Gaming 5. If you are trying to set up a Linux host machine and a Windows guest machine, so you can run games or some other Windows-only software. I would get the Asrock Tachi.

All Ryzen mobos have no separation of peripherals at the moment for the stuff going through the PCH. On this Mobo, it means the NICs are in the same IOMMU group. Direct lanes are fine.

I would still recommend this board as a future AGESA update will likely fix that, and your NICs will be separable without the ACS patch.

Any Motherboard has the potential to break down, there are going to be a few bad apples that get sent out to the public.

The idea is to at least have the possibility to play around with a Windows gaming VM.

I don’t mind if the NICs are in the same group, as long as the GPUs are separated so that I can give one to a VM.

Then yes, the lanes going directly to the CPU are in their own IOMMU groups. Latest AGESA updates solved that issue.