"Ghostly" Bluetooth behavior - didn't work. Now does

So I had a very wierd situation today. I booted the machine, audio didn’t work. Checked BT KDE system utility thing…

All looked normal but scanning didn’t find any device. rebooted. Now there was no bluetooth adapter detected at all. Checked everything from inxi, dmesg to lspci. No BT hardware to be found. Booted into old snapshot (well, maybe the update to Kernel 6.2 messed things up, leading edge distro after all). Nothing. Checked BIOS and booted into Live Installer ISO, nothing. Then I cut power from the wall and started the machine again.

Now everything works.

I’ve dealt with a lot in my life, but hardware passing out during runtime and only being able to fix it via cutting power was a wierd one.

Strangely enough, I had a similar case with a pci connected ethernet card - card was detected, but gave a “no cable connected” with a cable connected from a router. Before that I was experimenting with running Cinebench to test out thermal limits of the CPU. I got lost in attempts of trying to understand what’s wrong. Then I switched to the onboard LAN. It worked… After a few switches between onboard and pci, the later started working again. I’m still on onboard, but the pci does seem to be working.

I assume I overheated something related to the CPU or lanes…

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.