Getting CasaOS Docker Nextcloud to Access External Storage

I have an Asus Chromebox CN60 M075U that I installed ubuntu server on and from there installed CasaOS. Then I went and installed the Nextcloud docker and got that up and running accessible on my network. My issue is that the Chromebox has a 32GB Sata m.2 SSD and is limited on space. What I want to do is run CASA OS and Nextcloud on the Chromebox, but then re-direct Nextcloud to store all my data on an m.2 nvme that I have connected via usb port as external storage. For the time being I am experimenting with getting Nextcloud to accept an external storage device.

I am running into an issue when setting up Nextcloud that I cannot choose the flashdrive /media/devmon/sdc1-usb-SanDisk_Ultra_4C/ as my data folder, it throws the error “Error Cannot create or write into the data directory /media/devmon/sdc1-usb-SanDisk_Ultra_4C/Next”.

I’ve tried adding the Nextcloud External Storage app and when I select the appropriate directory it similarly throws an error which I assume means it cannot write to that destination.

However, I can’t seem to find any instructions on how to go about adding permissions for Nextcloud to communicate with this external drive. I understand that docker makes it a containerized environment and I have seen people talking about adding permissions to a docker-compose file, but I can’t locate that file either anywhere in the os. Am I blind?

I am new to all of this and learning as I go so I realize that some of how I present things may be incorrect.

Any advice on how I might go about allowing my docker nextcloud container to communicate with an external drive for purposes of storing my data there? Thank you in advance!