Getting a custom desktop under $2,000.00 ( USA)

erhm, wut? Your CPU's going to work just as well regardless of its temperature assuming it's not over its TJ max. A decent aftermarket cooler like the 212 EVO will keep most things under that. What youtuber told you this? They need some sense knocking into them with a K95 to the head or something.

The PSU's fine, send the CPU and mobo back, or at least try to sell them. They'll do shit at what you want them to do.

You could easily get that workstation card you had in your original build in the one I suggested earlier and be under budget. See: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9w2CXL

OK, dude, I am an AMD fanboy and I am going to say this. 6cores from amd are on the level of i5 for productivity like rendering, photoshop, etc. This is i7 on X99 chipset socket 2011 with higher bandwidth DDR4 ram.
Will the amd 6core do the job? It will. Will the Intel 5000 series CPU destroy any AMD CPU in any application? It will by a huge margin.
Also I would stay away from Nvidia unless you really need the CUDA acceleration. Otherwise AMD GPU's are much better in compute. This is why people was mining bitcoins and stuff with amd. Cause mining was computing with the gpu, and amd is much better in that regard.

Yea, but terribly. Just like an i5 would if you say so. It's an alright CPU for gaming if you're on a budget and need a few extra cores for streaming and the like I'd assume, but for doing video editing and 3D rendering in blender and the like, no. There's a 5820K reachable in this budget and most of it's going towards storage and fans. You'd have to be freaking mental to try and justify getting that CPU in this price bracket, then spending the rest on HDDs and fans.

That was exactly my point... It will be the same as i5 in most cases, but not like the much better i7 on much better platform with much higher pool of resources.
I am doing like half of those stuff with 760K and i am not upgrading for the financial reasons. If i could, i would have gotten 5820K... AMD fanboy, remember...

My update prat changed's The AMD Cpu and Nevdia GPU

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qVrg7P
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qVrg7P/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($107.98 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($74.89 @ OutletPC)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($7.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($82.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($86.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($77.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($90.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($90.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($77.40 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card ($189.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($44.10 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 158.5 CFM 140mm Fan ($27.34 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 158.5 CFM 140mm Fan ($27.34 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: LG 27MP33HQ 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Speakers: Logitech Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers ($56.99 @ NCIX US)
Other: Rosewill RTK-015 15 Piece Standard Computer Tool Kit ($15.99)
Other: PNY Quadro K620 VCQK620-PB 2GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Workstation Video Card ($159.99)
Total: $1890.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-06 18:29 EDT-0400

Should I get AMD Video's Cards for workstation programs and one for gaming too.
And getting a GTX 960 for there shadow play recording worth? Too.

Dude, those HDDs will fail like nobody's business, and you don't need 12TB of them. Waste of money. Get a single 2TB WD black at most. Upgrade that CPU to a 5820k and GPU to a 980. Get a cheaper PSU.

Again the question: What do you need 12 Terabytes of HDD space for? You have zero SATA ports free with that configuration. (4x for HDDs, 1x SSD, 1x BR drive.

You won't need arctic silver for an FX-6300 with a NH-D14, won't get over 40 degrees with the thermal paste that is provided with the cooler.

You do not want 3000RPM fans topping out at 43db(A) your hardware is not producing anywhere near the heat that would require such fans. If you want silent operation: take the ULN version of the normal 140mm fans.

I hear Logan say is better to have to much power then to little power and help future poof my plan to upgrade my Video's cards to higher GPU"S within 3 to 10 years of use too that why. I got that EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply.

I plan to lot art work and animations projects and star citizen modding and use one sdd for window 10 and Linux too!

I look into getting one WD Black drive 2TB , 4TB and 3TB as well>

But hear claims Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive have got much better since and no joke youtuber Joker or4 some with that name claim Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive have got much better rating since there first units from 2004.

Quick question: RAID SSDs or what?

No raid since this mother broad don't have raid support.

$3000,- to spend and you not grabbing a X99 setup?
Ofc AMD is not a bad choice for productivity stuff.

1 Like

Already bought it, can't say shit.

Nope. 12tb of HDD space is much more important for some reason...

So.... you have all of this storage space but no redundancy?

2 Likes

Then I going have trade in AMD Motherboard to Inter Mother Broad and the AMD Six core to an 5820k and GTX 980 is not idea for true editing and creative animation work flow and 3D modeling too!

Those 3TB Seagates have a really high failure rate. Go for HGST (Hitachi), if you can.

You can grab a workstation card in that budget with those things too.

"That is truth a lot of storage space but no redundancy"

if you have allready boaght your parts.
Then im currious how it will work out.
Of course the FX cpu´s are not bad wenn it comes to productivity workloads.
So i guess it will still work well.

But i think for that amount of money, X99 would have been a better choice eventualy.
But that doesnt matter anymore, im currious too see wenn the build is finished.