Get no signal on kvm viewer on asus wrx80 ipmi

Hi there all,

I am running unraid but with the only gpu passed though to the Windows 11 vm which works fine. But the unraid boot sequence freezes as the GPU is passed over to the vm. everything works fine after that.

I am able to access the ipmi web management of the motherboard. But if I go to remote control, then click H5Viewer to view the screen, I get the screen but is powered off. With a message of no signal. Why is that? I have bios settings at default. I do a green blinking light, so I know things are working. But is meant to be a way to remotely control the computer just like spashtop, but access to the bios screen?

Im sure its a simple switch or something in the bios.

Thanks for your help

strange as yesterday i had this issue, went into the server managment side of the bios to find bmc allready enabled and better yet it would display the unraid startup all the way to when the ip address is shown at the end.

Ok very strnage had a look at the remote control side and i am now getting no signal. no settings have been changed. Turns out the virtual moniotr goes to sleep and you just have click into the remote viewer and then press a letter to wake the screen up.

Have to set onboard vga as primary gpu in bios

ah ok i will have a look for that. Looking in the manual, it seems to be related to bmc. Only question next is that would i still get a bios and boot display on the gpu hdmi out like normal. or am i looking at something else. it seems like ipmi, KVM and bmc are used interchangeably, which is where part of the confusion happens.

Thank you ever so much for your help